Tokyo Disneyland a 115 hectare themed park which has many rides, attractions and restaurants are one of the famous places to visit in Tokyo, Japan. Tokyo Disneyland is located in Urayasu, Chiba Prefecture, Japan and is one of the first Disneyland to be opened out of the United States. The park was constructed by WED Enterprises and the theme of the park is same as to the Magic Kingdom in Florida and Disneyland in California. The theme park opened on 15th April 1983 and the same has been visited by tourists all year round. The park is owned by Oriental Company which has licensed the theme from The Walt Disney Company. There are two main places of attraction here called Disney Land and Disney Sea which concentrates on the theme and water parks respectively.
The park consists of 7 themed areas such as The World Bazaar, Adventureland, Westernland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Apart from these themed lands, there are 2 mini lands called Critter Country and Mickey’s Toon Town. These themed lands mimic the ones from original Disneyland and other Disney Films. With its wide areas, Disneyland Tokyo is known to have accommodated many visitors and in 2018 it is estimated that around 18million visitors had made their footfalls here at Tokyo Disneyland.
The themed areas here include
- World Bazaar: It is situated at the entrance of Tokyo Disneyland and it the mimics Main Street USA. The general theme of World Bazaar is the 20th Century USA where you can notice 20th Century charm here. The Main Street of World Bazaar interhttps://www.macrotraveller.com/wp-admin/plugins.phpsects and these streets connect to Adventureland and Tomorrowland theme areas.
- Adventureland: This is an adventure-based theme area where it has New Orleans themed Jungle area and Adventureland found in Disneyland Park, USA.
- Westernland: This is old themed western land which has rivers of America, Mark Twain Riverboat, Tom Sawyer Island etc. Experience numerous live and audio-animatronics’ animal shows here at Westernland.
- Fantasyland: Experience fantasy here in a theme park which has attractions like Cinderella Castle, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan etc. This themed land is a near-exact copy of Florida’s Magic Kingdom.
- Tomorrowland: Experience thrill-filled rides here at Tomorrowland where you get to do rides such as Space Mountain, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters etc. The theme is copied from Florida’s Tomorrowland and it features many science fiction related rides.
- Toontown: Like its USA version, Toontown includes many rides and attractions that are popular based on Walt Disney’s cartoon movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The major attraction here is Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin.
- Critter Country: A small themed park which has a major attraction called Splash Mountain.
Tokyo Disneyland is located near to Maihama Station on Japanese Railway Keiyo & Musashino Line. From there you can walk a little distance to find the main entrance to the Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. Guests can either use the Train service or can park inside the resort, however it is recommended to use train service as the parking area gets full and it would be difficult to exit after finishing a fun-filled day here at Disneyland.