Swissotel Nankai Osaka is an upscale hotel located in Namba region of Osaka. One of the brands from Accor Hotels the Swissotel Nankai Osaka is located at a small distance from some of the tourist places of Osaka. The Hotel has over 540 well-appointed rooms and suites and some of the amazing restaurants here.
The Swissotel has an array of restaurants and cafes where on the 10th floor you can have good foods at Empress Room a Chinese restaurant, Minami Teppanyaki Restaurant, Hana-Goyomi Japanese restaurant and on the top floor of the hotel you can visit Tavola 36 with amazing views of the city of Osaka.
1) Tavola 36: A Buffet, A-la-carte restaurant located on the top floor of the hotel is where you get some of the amazing International Breakfast Buffet, weekday lunch buffet and the signature Tavola 36 lunch buffet. You can have your lunch with a view here. During the evening enjoy various dishes from A-La-Carte menu where you get some of the grilled specialities, fresh oven pizza paired with a choice of drinks which makes this a perfect place for dinner and a sound lunch. You can try out 4- course, 5-course meals here and also kid’s meal is available at Tavola 36. If you do not want to try out the 4-course meals or 5-course meals you can order separately the appetizers, soups and main course. And finish off with dessert or a drink. The capacity of the restaurant is around 136 seats where the Breakfast time is around 06:30-10:00, lunch from 11:30-14:30 and dinner time is around 18:00-21:30hrs every day. Bar time from Sunday – Thursday will be around 18:00-23:00 and Friday, Saturday and Eve of National Holiday will be from 18:00-23:30hrs.
2) Empress Room: An elegant room with a capacity of 118 seats, Empress Room is a Chinese restaurant located here at Swissotel Nankai Osaka. Try out their selected savouries of Cantonese flavour, dim sums, lunch buffet which includes double-boiled soups, seafood which is creative, and dishes that are delicately prepared using traditional Cantonese ingredients. The newly renovated Empress Room has 4 private rooms which are suitable for Family Dinner, Business meets and Social gatherings. Empress Room serves lunch from 11:30-15:00 and dinner from 17:30-21:00 hrs every day.
3) Minami: Teppanyaki a post-WWII style Japanese cooking skill where they use Iron girdle to cook the food, enjoy the Teppanyaki style of cooking here at Minami restaurant where the trained chefs cook the seafood and Japanese finest Beef dishes on the girdle and it is prepared right in front of your eyes. Watch the chef’s work out the magic right in front of your eyes with interactive culinary theatre with a glass of some of the world’s best wines. Minami serves lunch from 11:30-15:00 and dinner from 17:30-21:00hrs every day. While you are here at the restaurant, do not miss to try the chef’s recommendation menu which you can try out for 350US$.
4) Hana-Goyomi: Explore the traditional Japanese style cooking such as Kaiseki Style experience here at Hana-Goyomi. The restaurant uses traditional-style cooking with the elements of changing culinary craftsmanship during different seasons. You may experience true Japanese culinary arts, where selections of seasonal ingredients are subtly enhanced with delicate seasonings and exquisite presentation, served in the various dining areas and private dining rooms of the restaurant here at Hana-Goyomi restaurant.
5) Sh’Un: Located in the lobby level of the hotel, Sh’Un is a Wine and Dine restaurant where they feature Tapas style dishes and snacks which people could savour during any get-together or after a business meets etc. Sh’Un specializes in Kushiage, an Osaka style deep-fried skewer. You can enjoy various seasonal courses or from a-la-carte menu and Sh’Un also features many award-winning wine collection. Based on its selection of wines, the restaurant has been awarded an Award of Excellence in the year 2008 and also has clinched the prestigious “Best Of” title from a Wine Spectator.
6) Swiss Gourmet: Enjoy freshly brewed coffee, home-baked bread, cakes, sweets and savouries here at Swiss Gourmet, a Gourmet bakery situated in the lobby level of the hotel. You can also savour the Swiss Chocolates where all these are original hotel items which would be useful for a quick bite or a grab and go kind of items. The Gourmet is open from 07:30-22:00 daily and is situated in the lobby level of Swissotel Nankai Osaka.