The Maldives, the name reminds of serene beaches, beach resorts and adventure activities, what better way to explore the archipelago when you can explore with Lux.
The Island nation has some very old cultural tradition and boasts some amazing national treasures like Coral Reefs. This archipelago has pristine beaches, breath-taking lagoons, crystal clear waters protected by coral reefs. The Maldives boasts a lot of luxurious sea resorts planned perfectly to cater the Lux tourists visiting the nation.
The Maldives can be visited throughout the year however the best time to visit is around January to May. During these periods the sky will be clear with less humidity where you can explore the cities and many tourist attractions without any hindrance.
You can also visit the Maldives from May to October which sometimes has rainy season due to southwest monsoon however there is more likely the case of thunderstorms and there will most likely be humidity which makes one difficult to explore.
The rest of the months you can expect moderate to heavy downpour and will be difficult to explore the atolls of Maldives
Maldives north most atolls often have a dry season and are home for many luxurious resorts and weather plays an important part in this as this part often experience less rainfall compared to central atolls or southern atolls.
If you want to explore aquatic life in the Maldives then January to May is perfect time to visit where you can notice that there would be many Manta Rays/ Sharks swimming in north or western part of atolls, however depending on tides they may be noticed across eastern side of atolls during the rest of the season.
You can plan your holiday in such a way that the nation experiences dry spells so that it cannot hamper with your dream destination.
Getting to Maldives is quite easy for Indians as there are many direct non-stop flights from Bangalore (BLR), Thiruvananthapuram (TRV). There are many flights from Sri Lanka too if you any diversion in your plans. The flight typically takes around 2-3hr journey depending on weather conditions. There are 4 main International Airports in Maldives namely Gan, Hainmaadhoo, Hulhuléand Maamingili. Before booking flights do check which sea resort is nearby to these international airports so as to cut your travel time back and forth from airport.
There are many ways to travel to your booked sea resorts.
- Sea Plane – This way you can explore the island nation from above and can enjoy the archipelago, the time of travel may vary with the sea resort booked however maximum time would be around 1-1.5 hrs from Male International Airport. Please note that the seaplane operates till 16:00hrs until there is daylight hence if you’ve late night flights it is better to take other modes of transport if you land after sunset
- Boat/Ferry services – This mode of transport is available from 6 am to 12 am where you can reach north and south male atoll. This is a quick service mode of transport and does not burn a hole in your pocket.
- Resorts do provide their own transport hence it is better to check with your hotel concierge beforehand and make necessary travel arrangements.
Visa in the Maldives is relatively easy to get as they provide 30 days VOA with proper travel documents and sufficient funds. A good way to get this is to book two-way flight tickets and hotel booking confirmation so as to quickly process your visa on arrival.
As a requirement, a valid passport is must with at least 3 months before expiry is necessary travel document.
These are some of the Luxurious Resorts which you can book for your travel.
- Amaya Kuda Rah Resort & Spa – Located in South Ari Atoll and around 40 minutes travel time this is luxurious resort boasting Spa, Room service, fast wifi and airport transportation.
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru – Located in North Male Atoll takes around half an hour travel from Male International Airport has a private pool, scuba diving and easy access to the beach.
- Huvafen Fushi – Located in North Male Atoll also takes around 30 minutes of the ferry ride, luxury is an important feature of this resort where you can have private sundeck, pool, shower, and music systems. They also have infinity pools and live kitchen counter.
- Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort And Spa – Located near Addu Atoll take 1.5 hr ride from Male International airport. This luxurious resort cater to whatever the tourist expects from the golf course to cycling across islands.
- Kudadoo Maldives Island Resort – This is a private island resort suitable to couples where they have private butler service. They have private pools, scuba diving centre or you can swim in crystal clear waters surrounding the resort. This resort is located in Lhaviyani Atoll and takes around an hour ride from Male International Airport.