Japan is an island nation situated in East Asia. The nation is located in the Pacific Ocean and the east it stretches from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north to the East China Sea and the Philippine Sea in the south. Japan is called The Land of the Rising Sun. One of the world’s 4th largest Island Nation, Japan comprises of around 6,852 islands. The country of Japan is divided into 47 prefectures with Hokkaido being northernmost one and Okinawa being the southernmost prefecture. Japan is said to be one of 2nd most populated Island country where most of the residents stay/live in Tokyo, the capital city of Japan. Also, the greater Tokyo area is considered as the most populous metropolitan area in the world.
Japan is a member of the ASEAN, The UN, the OECD, the G7, the G8, and the G20, and is considered a great power. Its economy is the worlds third-largest by nominal GDP and the fourth-largest by purchasing power parity. It is also the world’s fourth-largest exporter and fourth-largest importer. Japan is one of the highly skilled nations which has most of the educated workforce. It is one of world’s highly developed country with high standard of living and Human Development Index, one of highest life expectancy place in the world many of Japanese citizens are said to be living at an average of 84.2 years which makes the Island nation of Japan occupying 1st place in World Life Expectancy Ranking by WHO.
As of 2019, Japan holds a powerful passport in the world where they have visa-free or visa-on-arrival option to over 180+ countries. Japan is known for its art, history, martial arts, cinema, music, anime,video games and rich cuisine.
Indian’s visiting Japan need to apply beforehand. Typically, visa for Japan is divided into two main categories i.e. Short Stay Visa- which allows you to stay for the period of 90- days to 3 months and Long Stay Visa- which allows you to stay more than 3 months. Typically there are 15 types of Visa for Japan, out of which the regular tourist visa is applied here with or without a guarantor.
The documents that are required to apply for Japan tourist visa include:
- Original Passport with validity of at least 6 months and 2 blank pages.
- A photocopy of first and last page of the valid passport.
- A confirmed return ticket from Japan
- Duly filled visa application form and signed by the applicant.
- Passport size photograph which is not less than 6 months old, 2×2 inches in size and white colour background.
- Original copy of Bank statements for the last 3 months.
- A letter of guarantee, invitation letter
- A cover letter expressing the purpose of travel, daily itinerary, booking details etc.
- Latest ITR
- Certificate of the employer with No Objection Certificate if you are a working professional.
- If student, then you need to provide a parental consent form, copy of parents bank statements and income tax certificate of parents.
- If you are travelling with dependent then you need to furnish proof of relationship, spouse consent form, proof of bank statement and recent ITR copy,
Once these details are provided, it takes a minimum of 4 working days for processing the visa.
A single-entry tourist visa for Indians cost around INR 490, there are many flights from India to Japan where there are direct flights from New Delhi and several connecting flights from various International Airports in India.