Sentosa is an Island located in central Singapore and is one of the most visited excursion places in Singapore. Sentosa Island or simply known as Sentosa received more than 20+ million visitors per year and has a lot of tourist places for family, kids and adventure travellers. Sentosa can be reached by Public Bus Service from CBD Singapore. There is a monorail service from Central Singapore to Beach station, else it can be accessible via Cable Car from Mount Faber to HarbourFront Station in Sentosa. Additionally, there is a tram service and you can take your own transport to the Island.
As said Sentosa is one of the most visited places in Singapore it offers a lot of places of attraction to tourists. Below are some of the places where Families can tour when they visit Singapore.
- Adventure Cove Water park :
This fun water park is true to its name as Adventure where you would have some crazy rides of water slides. Having water slides, dark water chutes, wave pool or adventure river this place is full of fun and excitement when you visit. There is an option for snorkelling too where you can snorkel over coral reef’s and among a shoal of fishes and manta rays. Open from 10:00 to 18:00 this place is a quick way to spend a fun time with family.
- Butterfly Park and the Insect Kingdom – With its exotic creatures and butterflies having over 50 species of butterflies this place you will feel like an insect king/queen. This place also has some rare creatures like scorpions, beetles etc. This place will also serve as a learning place for your child where you can notice the metamorphosis of a butterfly. Set within rainforest this place looks surreal with one of nature’s beautiful creatures flying and you can explore this place while photographing these insects.
- Dolphin Island – Situated in Resort World Sentosa, Dolphin Island is a place to be in midst of intelligent sea creatures. Here you can learn about Dolphins, how they behave, their habitat, diet etc. Having hands-on experience with the dolphins, swim alongside them and dive with them. Having various options such as Dolphin Adventure, Dolphin Discovery, Dolphin Observer, Dolphin Trek this place will let you all about these marine mammals.
- iFly Singapore – One of the worlds largest themed wind tunnel, iFly Singapore offers a glimpse of Skydiving from Indoors. With its state of the art technology, this allows first times to experienced sky-divers to perform indoor skydiving under strict supervision. They provide training on how to sky-dive 1 hr prior to dive hence it is advisable to be early to the venue so as to not skip this adventure activity without proper training.
- Nestopia – Situated near Siloso Beach, Nestopia is a fun place for kids. Having over 17 play sections with two of longest slides this place will make your kids never want to leave this place. Open from 11:00 – 21:00 on weekdays and from 09:00 to 21:00hrs on weekends this place will make adults feel that they should become children once again to enjoy this kids friendly place.
- S.E.A Aquarium – One of must-visit place in Sentosa is the S.E.A Aquarium. Featuring one of the largest aquarium hosts numbers of species fishes and other aquatic animals. There are a couple of experiences that can be done here where if you have VIP pass you would get a special backstage entrance into the aquarium where you can have closer look at the animals. Other experiences include Shark Encounter, SEA Trek, Open water dive etc. Visitors can also stay overnight at this Aquarium if you have Ocean Dreams ticket where you would wake up to aquatic animals swimming right in front of your eyes.
- Universal Studios One of the most visited places in Sentosa where you can experience thrilling rides and attractions. Having rides for kids, adventurous and family oriented this place is one-stop-shop for rides, attractions, dining and shopping. Universal Studios also has night shows with the fireworks display, parade and street food and its one place where you can enjoy your entire day enjoying the facilities provided in this theme park.
- Wings of Time – Your visit to Sentosa is not complete if you miss Wings of Time Show at Sentosa island. This place is where you would be mesmerized by the 3D imaging, laser show and storytelling accompanied by music. With its theme of 2 people saving a bird-like creature, the show carries its viewers to various timelines such as Silk Road, African Jungles and is thus named as Wings of Time.
- Madame Tussauds Want to have a click with your favourite celebrity or rub shoulders with them then this is the place to be, Madame Tussauds is popular in every part of the world in creating the life-like wax statue of famous A-Lister’s and historical people. Here you can take quick action photography or a selfie with your favourite celebrity and add it as your display picture.
- Merlion – A visit to Singapore is not complete with its famous Statue of Merlion. The Half Mermaid and Half Lion official mascot of Singapore. Overlooking Marina Bay Sands, the Merlion is a place for every tourist to click a photo or two. With 37 meters tall the Merlion Statue at Sentosa is a must-visit place and better during nighttime where you can get amazing images of Merlion with the lighting of Marina Bay Sands in background.
Apart from the above-paid Attractions in Sentosa, it offers many free to visit attraction such as Animal Encounters, Crane Dance (Suitable for Night time view), Fort Siloso including beach and sky-walk, Lake of Dreams (Opens 23:00hrs), Palawan Beach and Tanjong beach.
With over 100+ dining options situated in the Island, this place is where you can try all the world dishes from various places in Sentosa Island and explore the place as per your convenience.