Travelling can be exciting and fun. But it can also be stressful and make you feel in time. Fortunately, there are a lot of things you can do to stay healthy and stress-free. Maintaining good health and disease prevention is essential during the trip. But keeping your sanity and your personal safety in mind is equally important. With some precautions and a positive attitude, travelling can be stress and worries.
Business travel is often a perfect excuse to abandon our physical and mental care routines. As we have less time, we stop exercising, we eat more and worse, we sleep poorly, we drink coffee and soft drinks excessively, and in general, we neglect. But if these trips, instead of being sporadic, are part of our monthly routine, we need to pay more attention to how we treat our body; otherwise, we will be causing irreparable damage.
Here are 8 Healthy Tips from MacroTraveller for the Constant Traveller!
1) Start by including in your travel bag a change of clothes to do exercises, something that would be very useful is elastic bands that serve to work all the time or a jump rope.
2) When you are on the plane, try to drink water instead of soda that loaded with sugar. Also, if it is a long trip, remember to do small walks and stretches that will help you with the circulation.
3) In the hotel, you can take advantage of the gym or pool, and if you do not have it, you can benefit from exercise in your room, doing functional exercises that are very effective to keep you in shape.
4) Try to get enough sleep. It is important that despite jet lag, try to rest the same amount of hours you usually sleep at home, perform breathing exercises to keep you relaxed and better sleep.
5) Meditate. Meditating helps you in focusing on so many occupations. It helps you fight stress, keep you relaxed and alert.
6) Do not skip meals. Breakfast, you cannot start the day without energy; breakfast provides the energy needed for the whole day. Also, have some snack and lunch as balanced as possible.
7) Choose healthy foods. A business trip cannot be an excuse to eat all the junk that provokes us. Look for foods that are healthier on the grill or in the oven, if possible ask them to cook you without much salt and drink plenty of water during the day.
8) Hydrate. Staying hydrated is essential to maintain energy levels and protects you from the dryness caused by air conditioning or a new environment to which we are not accustomed, at least eight glasses daily are advisable.
Most important thing, enjoy the journey, take advantage of discovering new places and don’t obsess about your eating. You can always get back on track when you return home. Happy Travel ♡